Assassin’s Creed Unofficial Game Port for Mac OS X.
Latest version:0.7 with the font bug fixed! Please download the latest versions at the downloads section.
Post anything you want to say on this project subject as reply here.
IMPORTANT: THESE WRAPPERS ARE NOT THE GAME. THEY ARE SMALL (˜40MB) “BUBBLES” BASED ON WINE IN WHICH YOU CAN PUT YOUR ORIGINAL INSTALLED ASSASSINS CREED GAME (˜6GB) AND RUN IT UNDER MAC OS X WITH IMPROVED PERFORMANCE.
DO NOT EXPECT THE GAME IN IT, ACQUIRE THE GAME IN STORES!
For those who needs help with the Wrapper, please consult the included RTF for instructions.
- You need the game installed on windows. For that you can use any windows 30 days trial to install on other computer, or on a emulated pc like in parallels and VMWare.
- You can also use native emulators like Wine/Darwine/CrossOver to install the games into a dir, then pick the files from this directory.
- You need to, after install the game, pick the wrapper – which is a .app file – right click in “show contents” then drop the whole 6 to 7GB of game inside the Ubisoft folder indicated on the readme
- If you experience low framerate or graphics bugs, please report together with your hardware specifications like the mac model number or the Graphics card used.
- Version 0.7 seems to be faster on ATIs and slower on Nvidias. So take a look at the older versions, you will experience a fonts bug when using numlock or command keys from your keyboard (like shift, control, option, alt, etc) but its just cosmetical, 0.6b runs the game from begining till the end.
- If you experience strange sound, try changing your Sample rate 44.1Khz/48Khz/96Khz to see what comes better. This is done in MIDI CONFIGURATION UTILITY which is integrant part of Mac OS X – just seach for “midi” on spotlight and it will appear.
- This initiative was started by Insanely Mac member locoputo, at the time he realized the potential of porting games and www.portingteam.com was created to deal with that. Take a look at the original threads there for more games!
- Report your experiences and doubts! Im here to help in what i can!